CLICK HERE to search for world wide delivery merchants ...
buscarlo en proveedores que despachan a todo el mundo...
Nutrition Essentials for Nursing Practiceby Susan G. Dudek RD BSLippincott Williams & Wilkins
The Sixth Edition of this nursing-focused nutrition text has been updated to reflect the latest evidence-based practice and nutrition recommendations and streamlined to emphasize what the nurse really needs to know. Maintaining its nursing process focus and emphasis on patient teaching, this edition includes new features to help readers integrate nutrition into nursing care. These new features include Nursing Process tables, Case Studies for every chapter, and NCLEX style study questions for every chapter. Web addresses at end of each chapter will draw students to the most up-to-date and reliable resources on the Web.
Ebersole and Hess' Gerontological Nursing & Healthy Aging, 3eby Theris A. Touhy DNP CNS DPNAPMosby
With a strong focus on health and wellness, this gerontological nursing text offers you a holistic perspective to caring for older adults. Designed to facilitate the healthiest adaptation possible, this text identifies potential problems that may occur and the means to address complications, alleviate discomfort, and help older adults lead healthy lives. Disease processes are discussed in the context of healthy adaptation, nursing support, and nursing responsibilities to help you gain an understanding of your clients' experience.
- Focus on health and wellness establishes a positive perspective to aging.
- Careful attention to age, cultural, and gender differences are integrated throughout to help you understand these important considerations when caring for older adults.
- Healthy aging strategies maximize the healthiest behaviors of clients with dementia and their caregivers.
- Consistent chapter organization includes learning objectives, research, and study questions/activities to make information easy to find and use.
- Incorporates assessment guidelines throughout provide useful tools for practice.
- End-of-chapter activities and discussion questions help you expand your knowledge and understanding of the content.
- Resource lists provide you with additional means to explore ways to care for the older adult.
- Incorporates the core competencies identified by the AACN and the Hartford Foundation Institute for Geriatric Nursing.
- Healthy People 2010 boxes assist you in integrating knowledge about healthy aging considerations.
- Evidence-Based Practice boxes summarize research findings that confirm effective practices or identify practices with unknown, ineffective, or harmful effects.
- Expanded sexuality-related content includes older adults living with AIDS and STDs.
- Genetics section reflects the emergence of the role of genetics in gerontological assessment.
Introduction to Maternity & Pediatric Nursing, 6eby Gloria Leifer MA RN CNESaunders
Part of the popular LPN Threads series, Introduction to Maternity & Pediatric Nursing provides a solid foundation in obstetrics and pediatric nursing. An easy-to-follow organization by developmental stages, discussion of disorders by body system from simple-to-complex and health-to-illness, and a focus on family health make it a complete guide to caring for maternity and pediatric patients. Written in a clear, concise style by Gloria Leifer, MA, RN, this edition reflects the current NCLEX® test plan with additional material on safety, health promotion, nutrition, and related psychosocial care.
- Cultural Considerations boxes and a Cultural Assessment Data Collection Tool help in developing individualized plans of care.
- Updated health promotion content includes Health Promotion boxes focusing on preventive strategies for achieving prenatal wellness, health during pregnancy, postnatal health, and pediatric illness prevention and wellness -- including the complete immunization schedules for all ages.
- Nursing Tips provide information applying to the clinical setting.
- Objectives are listed in each chapter opener.
- Key terms include phonetic pronunciations and text page references at the beginning of each chapter.
- Nursing Care Plans with critical thinking questions help you understand how a care plan is developed, how to evaluate care of a patient, and how to apply critical thinking skills.
- A companion Evolve website includes animations, videos, answers to review questions and answer guidelines for critical thinking questions, an English/Spanish audio glossary, critical thinking case studies, and additional review questions for the NCLEX examination.
- Get Ready for the NCLEX®Examination! sections at the end of each chapter help you prepare for classroom tests and the NCLEX examination.
- Increased focus on safety helps you prepare for safe nursing practice, with:
- Safety Alert! boxes based on The Joint Commission's 2009/2010 National Patient Safety Goals
- Medication Safety Alert! boxes highlighting serious and potentially fatal medication errors in infants and children
- New information on determining pediatric dosages and a discussion of the Pedislide system
- New skills include step-by-step instructions for:
- Bathing the Newborn
- Assessing the Length and Height of Infants and Children
- Calculating BMI
- Removal of a Peripheral Intravenous Catheter
- Using the Peak Flowmeter
- Using a Metered-Dose Inhaler
- Updated, vibrant full-color design highlights key information and enhances your understanding of important concepts.
- Updated nutrition content compares commercially available infant formulas and discusses organic, natural, and dietetic foods.
- Nutrition Considerations boxes cover prenatal care, nutritional issues during infancy, and the crisis in childhood obesity.
- Memory Jogger boxes help you remember important material with mnemonics, tips, and tricks.
- An updated glossary is available in the textbook, as well as on the companion Evolve website.
Professional Nursing: Concepts & Challenges, 7e (Professional Nursing; Concepts and Challenges)by Beth Black RN MSN PhDSaunders
Now in full-color, this best-selling, easy-to-read text introduces you to the issues and trends you're likely to encounter in any nursing practice setting. Each stand-alone chapter explores a specific topic and gives insightful discussions of issues such as the health care delivery system, professionalization in nursing, standards and scope of practice, socialization and nursing theories surrounding the profession, and political action facing nurses.
- Case studies help you empathize with real patients.
- Critical thinking questions and challenges enable you to apply chapter-relevant information to scenarios and envision a personal philosophy of nursing.
- Evidence-based Practice boxes offer insight and highlight research that affects patient care.
- News Notes tie information from the text to real-life nursing situations.
- Cultural Consideration Challenges help you develop cultural sensitivity and familiarize you with cultural influences.
- Interview boxes explore the issues of culture and faith from the perspectives of practicing nurses.
- NEW! Full-color design improves the appearance of the many halftones in the text.
- NEW! The most up-to-date information on responding to several critical and recent initiatives includes the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act; the Carnegie Study - Educating Nurses: A Call for Radical Transformation; the IOM report on the Future of Nursing: Leading Change, Advancing Health; QSEN; and the ANA's Health System Reform Agenda.
- NEW! Expanded content on social media's impact on nursing offers insight into the legal issues, ethics, boundaries, and image of nursing involved in social media.
- NEW! Increase use of nurses' narratives and real-life work examples helps paint an even clearer picture of the realities of nursing practice.
- NEW! Reframing of Chapter 16 Nursing's Challenge: The Call for Transformation increases your knowledge of care of self, care of the profession, and care of the environment.
Nursing Interventions & Clinical Skills, 5e (Elkin, Nursing Interventions and Clinical Skills)by Anne Griffin Perry RN EdD FAANMosby
With its new condensed format, completely reorganized and updated content, respected author team, and new lower price, Perry and Potter's Nursing Interventions and Clinical Skills, 5th Edition is your all-around best choice for learning the skills and techniques you'll use every day in practice. Covering 181 skills, this highly accessible manual conveniently groups all related skills together, so you can find information quickly. The companion Evolve website features 50 video clips, skills checklists, and much more, ensuring your successful mastery of each skill.
- Contains 180 skills and techniques (basic, intermediate, and advanced) you'll use every day in practice.
- Presents every skill in a logical, consistent format: Assessment, Planning, Implementation, Evaluation -- improving the quality of patient care.
- Pairs each step with an appropriate rationale, helping you understand and remember why specific techniques are used.
- Features Safety Alerts that highlight unusual risks inherent in the next step of the skill, helping you plan ahead at each step of nursing care.
- Uses a Glove icon as a reminder to don clean gloves before proceeding to the next step of the skill, improving patient safety.
- Guides you in Delegation and Collaboration, explaining when to delegate a skill to assistive personnel, and indicating what key information must be shared.
- Highlights Special Considerations such as information unique to pediatric or geriatric patients, to raise awareness of additional risks you may face when caring for a diverse patient population.
- Provides sample documentation of nurses notes so that you can learn to communicate effectively to the patient care team.
- Contains multimedia resources such as video clips, skills performance checklists, interactive exercises, and more, all easily available to you on the companion Evolve website at no additional cost.
- Content has been reorganized to make topics easier to find, improving ease of use.
- Covers new topics that will help you develop the skills needed to practice according to the TJC and ACCN recommendations.
- Covers new skills that will prepare you for nursing practice in a wide variety of environments.
- Features a unique new chapter, Using Evidence in Practice, that introduces you to using evidence to solve clinical problems.
- Introduces you to Consistent Patient Identification Protocol as recommended by The Joint Commission, improving quality of care and patient safety.
- Includes enhanced and greatly expanded end-of-chapter exercises, now featuring case study questions, NCLEX alternate format questions, and multiple-choice questions.
Psychiatric Mental Health Nursing, 5e (PSYCHIATRIC MENTAL HEALTH NURSING (FORTINASH))by Katherine M. Fortinash MSN APRN BC PMHCNSMosby
Focusing on what psychiatric nurses actually do in everyday practice, Psychiatric Mental Health Nursing, 5th Edition, uses a balanced nursing-medical approach to cover all of the most common disorders and treatments. The text's full-color illustrations and straightforward style help you make sense of challenging material. And its strong emphasis on the nursing process, updated DSM-IV-TR diagnostic criteria, interdisciplinary interventions, and the latest mental health practices boost your confidence in managing clients and prepare you for success on the NCLEX¨ examination.
- UNIQUE! Balanced nursing-medical approach offers strong baseline coverage of the nursing process and interdisciplinary interventions and focuses on what psychiatric nurses actually do.
- Complete coverage of the nursing process features the six-step problem-solving method and how to put it into practice.
- DSM-IV-TR Criteria boxes list categories of mental disorders and the criteria for diagnosing them.
- Nursing care plans provide care guidelines for each plan and include a brief case study, followed by assessment, diagnosis, goal setting, interventions with rationales, and evaluation.
- UNIQUE! Clinical Alert boxes address issues critical to the safety or well-being of the client.
- Case studies depict effective nursing care strategies and promote critical thinking.
- Research for Evidence-Based Practice boxes discuss the implications of current research studies.
- Client and Family Teaching Guidelines boxes focus on the issues confronting families when a member suffers from mental illness.
- UNIQUE! Medication Key Facts boxes highlight the most common psychopharmacologic interventions along with safe and effective use.
- Nursing Assessment Questions boxes include questions that should be asked in the assessment of a particular disorder.
- Clinical Symptoms boxes help you apply content to the real world.
- Additional Treatment Modalities boxes summarize other modalities and interventions used in conjunction with nursing interventions in the treatment of a particular disorder.
- Chapter summaries conclude each chapter with the most significant ideas to remember.
- Review questions with answers in the appendix offer immediate reinforcement of chapter content and help you prepare for the NCLEX Examination.
- Glossary provides concise definitions of key terms.
- Objectives and key terms emphasize the most important concepts from each chapter.
- UNIQUE! Enhanced readability makes it easier for you to grasp difficult material.
- UNIQUE! Concept map highlights the nurse's role in psychiatric care.
- NEW! Adaption to Stress chapter covers basic neuroanatomy and the psychobiological aspects of psychiatric disorders, and shows you how to manage stress.
- NEW! Forensic Nursing in Clinical Practice chapter explains current therapies used in the treatment of physiological and psychological health problems and demonstrates the importance of the nurse's role in providing holistic nursing care.
Sparks and Taylor's Nursing Diagnosis Reference Manualby Sheila S. RalphLippincott Williams & Wilkins
Sparks and Taylor's Nursing Diagnosis Reference Manual 9th edition provides clearly written, authoritative care plan guidelines for all 2012-2014 NANDA International (NANDA-I) approved nursing diagnoses. The book is full of bright colors, and organized by life-stages and type of care. Each Part opens with a new feature, Applying Evidence-Based Practice, which responds directly to the content. Each NANDA diagnosis includes associated Nursing Interventions Classifications (NIC) and Nursing Outcomes Classifications (NOC), and the nursing process is integrated throughout. This book is the ideal resource for any clinical setting.
Leddy & Pepper's Conceptual Bases of Professional Nursing (Conceptual Basis of Professional Nursing (Leddy))by Lucy Jane Hood RN PhDLippincott Williams & Wilkins
Now in its Seventh Edition, this broad-based text addresses the philosophical, developmental, theoretical, accountability, care delivery, and leadership issues encountered by professional nurses throughout a lifetime career. The book outlines the multidimensional roles that encompass professional nursing practice. This edition includes key updated information regarding the influence of nurses in public policy formation, changes in health care delivery, multicultural issues in professional practice, and nursing practice implications of new advances in technology, management, and nursing research.
Clinical vignettes based on real-life scenarios illustrate key concepts in each chapter while offering an opportunity to prepare for future professional challenges. From Theory to Practice questions offer a way to link key chapter points to daily practice. To stimulate critical thinking and classroom discussion, Questions for Reflection are interspersed throughout each chapter. Research Briefs appear in chapters when applicable to promote the use of research in clinical practice. Updated Internet exercises provide current online resources to expand knowledge related to each chapter.
Nursing Research: A Qualitative Perspective, Fifth Editionby Patricia L. MunhallJones & Bartlett Learning
Written for nurses and nursing students, Nursing Research: A Qualitative Perspective, Fifth Edition defines qualitative research and presents information on the current state of this important field. Divided into three sections: Part One provides foundational content for understanding the qualitative research process; Part Two presents the more dominant methods, following each with an exemplar method; Part Three discusses considerations essential to conducting qualitative research. The Fifth Edition has been thoroughly updated with 10 brand new chapters. Within the text, new exemplar research chapters include the various qualitative methods, phenomenology, ethnography, grounded theory, case study, historical, narrative inquiry, and action research. This text continues to retain the combination of qualitative and quantitative methods in the same study while relying on the best qualitative researchers in the field to form an inclusive representation of qualitative research, including philosophical underpinnings, methods, exemplars, ethics, evaluation, and combining mixed methods
Foundations in Nursing Research (6th Edition) (Nieswiadomy, Foundations of Nursing Research)by Rose Marie NieswiadomyPrentice Hall
FOUNDATIONS IN NURSING RESEARCH, 6/e, an engaging, learner-friendly text, illuminates all steps of the nursing research process, helping students critique research and determine whether study findings are ready to apply in practice. To illustrate specific aspects of the research process, the author extensively excerpts from published studies, including research performed outside the U.S. Pedagogical features include chapter outlines, objectives, definitions of key terms, summaries, class activities, and self-tests. This Sixth Edition has been revised with up-to-date information and references throughout; more coverage of both quantitative and qualitative research; greater focus on evidence-based practice; and an all-new chapter on nursing research and health care economics.